Light-weight corner protector/angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I realise this is on the bounds of DIY/craft, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me source a lightweight corner-protector or similar...

I'm actually trying to build a toy for my kids whereby a table-tennis ball will run through a series of troughs which will be supported by magnetic struts attached to a magnetic whiteboard, a bit like this:

https://www.facebook.com/rob.bane/videos/10152863841555656/

So the length of the sides need to be around an 30mm (table tennis balls have diameter of 40mm). They only need to be strong enough to support their own weight (plus table tennis ball!). I've been search for corner protectors but only found a quite heavy PVC thing which seems too heavy for my purposes.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It seems like it's only the pegs that need to be magnetic, so the angle can be plastic or aluminium......the likes of B&Q have a selection of both, around 25mm.
John :)

Thanks for the reply. You're right they don't need to be magnetic nor magnetisable. I had seen those but thought that it's possibly too heavy for my job, something with slightly longer sides but lighter (and even cheaper as I'll need a few) would be more appropriate, like the stuff they make milk cartons of nowadays?

I guess modelling supplies would be a good bet.....even flat card scored with a craft knife would give you a nice clean angle.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Both great suggestions, have just ordered some of the cardboard corner pieces, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back