Vaillant Ecotec 28pro problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all apoligies if this has been covered before but I dont seem to be able to find any thing. I have a vaillant ecotec 28 pro that was fitted in oct 2012 ever since it was fitted I have been getting very random F22 faults code with 0.0 pressure reading. as this is understood to be low pressure I would then top up the system to around 1.2 cold and reset, the pressure gauge would then go through the roof and I would have to drain off. The boiler would be ok and perform as it should for random periods it could be a week it could be months then it would happen again. I contacted my plumber and he said I must have I seeping valve so I replaced all the rad valves in the house but the boiler still does the same. The plumber then said I must be putting too much in and I need to let it catch up ? Now I am no simpleton and I know how to use a filling loop he then explained that their is two gauges a electronic display and a mechanical one inside the cover so the next time the boiler shut down I checked the mechanical one and that was reading good in the green/blue but the electronic was saying 0.0 f22 so without filling I turned boiler off and back on and electronic went back to 1.2 and it went back to performing normally for months and we carry the cycle on. does anyone have any idea what is wrong as my plumber does not seem to have a clue.

Sponsored Links
As the answer lays behind the front cover (which makes the boiler room-sealed), and that is 'Registered Gas Installer territory', I am not able to give any gas safety critical advice to you, apart from the inevitable, "get a registered gas installer' to remedy this for you.

That's the DIYnot forum rule.

Its not a lengthy job, or even especially expensive to cure (depending ones view of just what is 'expensive'...)

DH

Thanks for the response my installer was a gas registered installer. I am not looking to fix this myself I am looking to get answers to take to my installer so he does not keep harping on about seeping valves. As the expansion tank was checked at the service I could rule that out that would leave either the filters at the gauges or a low pressure in gas?

Sponsored Links
As per Forum Rules, not Gas safety critical advice, but as it is not 'gas' related, but is a 'system water' issue, here goes

If you guy is unsure, I suggest he contacts Vaillant techies for guidance...

I would expect most experienced RGI's to be aware of this issue, its causes and be able to access the parts needed. However we all have to start somewhere, a little clue then, there is the analogue gauge which you can see, and has a dial and a needle that moves, this is not connected to the digital readout (accessed by the minus button), so by deduction, perhaps there might be another sensor which the display is able to 'read'?

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back