rocking horse maker and general wood dabbler

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,
I make and restore rocking horses but I like building all sorts of stuff in wood, we made chicken houses, our own stables, a gypsy caravan chicken house on wheels, all kinds of rabbit hutch variations, sheds and kennels. My big love is the rocking horses though, but I am without a workshop at the moment and when I moved to the current house I had to sell all my big machines (sob)
I still make and restore the odd horse, hope to up it once again at the new house as I WILL have a workshop then! Can't post pics yet as I am stuck at work...

Sponsored Links
Love messing around with wood myself and know how you feel not having yr tools. Been abroad for a bit and doing jobs that would have been a breeze with my table saw or planer thicknesser without them is rather frustrating.

Always fancied doing a rocking horse, would involve a new skill for me carving.

Got plenty of furniture to restore so will be busy when I get back to my tools but I have some plans to build up replica naval cannons, including using timber and mdf for the barrels so looking forward to building my first one. Now hunting for a good source of iron/steel wheels that would fit in with them!

Good luck for the future.

Hi all,
I make and restore rocking horses but I like building all sorts of stuff in wood, we made chicken houses, our own stables, a gypsy caravan chicken house on wheels, all kinds of rabbit hutch variations, sheds and kennels. My big love is the rocking horses though, but I am without a workshop at the moment and when I moved to the current house I had to sell all my big machines (sob)
I still make and restore the odd horse, hope to up it once again at the new house as I WILL have a workshop then! Can't post pics yet as I am stuck at work...

TRY THIS FOR A LAUGH M IX SAWDUST AND WHITE GLUE OR WHAT EVER TAKES YOUR FANCY AND MAKE INTO MISSHAPEN BALLS WHEN IT EVENTUALLY DRIES PAINT AS NEEDED AND YOU HAVE SOMETHING VERY RARE ROCKING HORSE POOH. MIGHT BE MARKET FOR IT AS A NOVELTY TO GO ALONG WITH THE HORSE. :LOL: :oops:

Sponsored Links
That horse is superb. Out of interest, what would do you use for carving?

Back