Adjust Sapa bifold doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a house which has Sapa aluminium bifold doors fitted. The main door (that opens first) is catching on the door next to it. Standing inside it opens on the right outwards and it has dropped approx 1-2cms in height causing the problem.

I'm guessing they and been glazed and packed correctly during installation as the rest are fine.

Could you advise me where the mechanism and points are to adjust on this system to pivot it back?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's not the bi fold make you need it's the hinge make, probably needs a bit of toe and heel

Thanks. Here are the hinges:

29uyut3.jpg

t86j2w.jpg

Here's a photo to show how much it's dropped:

20ub95z.jpg

Do you think it needs some toe and heel? If so, how would you removed the glazing strips without damaging, scratching or denting the grey glazing strips?

Thanks

Is it not under guarantee, Can the fitters come back to adjust?

Sponsored Links
The previous owners had them fitted so would need to look into guarantees etc.

I've worked out that the rubber gasket comes out from between the grey edges and the glass. Is this likely to be how the edges come off? When I remove the rubber seal I can get my fingers in to feel the edge of the glass unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back