Drug smugglers executed

My grandfather told me that he almost drowned in a river when he was a boy. He was just about to submerge for the last time when thankfully someone dragged him out. He reckoned that after the initial panic and pain of swallowing the water, he then became totally relaxed and described the experience as quite pleasant.

My mother's uncle drowned himself in the local pond many years ago. They found his cap floating on the surface. I suppose I can think of worse ways to go.

Sponsored Links
AronSearle";p="3375382 said:
The deterrent factor must save a lot of people.

What evidence would you look at to prove that assumption?

quote]

Google wrote...
"Sweden is seen as the toughest zero-tolerance state with regards to drugs in Western Europe.

Both use and possession are illegal. Even minor use can lead to a prison sentence six months although more generally leads to a fine.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) reports that Sweden has one of the lowest drug usage rates in the Western world, and attributes this to a drug policy that invests heavily in prevention and treatment as well as strict law enforcement."

That's why Abba had such great songs.
They weren't created in a drugs induced stupor with lyrics dredged from the gutter.

Sponsored Links
"Sweden is seen as the toughest zero-tolerance state with regards to drugs in Western Europe.

I don't remember anyone being executed in Sweden?

Also according to this map, decriminalized Portugal has a lower usage rate, and other countries with similar drug enforcement have higher rates.

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/countries/prevalence-maps

That kinda poo poo's over your argument that harsh laws have any real effect other than to punish drug users or pushers, for the sake of punishing drug users and pushers.

All kinds of social issues contribute to drug use, very little if any evidence shows harsh drug laws achieve much.

Well, saying that they do achieve a nice bloodthirsty attitude.

My MIL recently died of a sudden unexpected rupture of the heart; the coroner said she wouldn't have known much about it - she was found on the floor looking relaxed and as happy as a corpse could be said to look happy. I reckon a quick bleed would be a good way to go.

When I get the dementia diagnosis I'm going to do the same as that Manchester Chief Constable Michael Todd did - climb a Scottish mountain in winter (assuming I've got enough of my marbles to find it), neck a bottle of Scotch (single malt, naturally) then undress. The vaso-dilative effect of the alcohol sends chilled blood to the brain and you're gone in seconds.

It doesn't matter whether or not you agree with the death penalty.
If you don't like it, don't go there carrying drugs.
Simple.

"have any real effect other than to punish drug users or pushers, for the sake of punishing drug users and pushers. "

Do we punish speeding drivers for the sake of punishing speeding drivers?
Do we punish paedophiles for the sake of punishing paedophiles?
Do we punish tax evaders for the sake of punishing tax evaders?

Nope. We do it because they broke the law.
Abide by the law for the particular country you are in and have respect for those laws and every thing will usually be fine and dandy.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
RigidRaider";p="3375987 said:
I reckon a quick bleed would be a good way to go.
quote]

That's how William Holden died after coming home in a drunken stupor.

It doesn't matter whether or not you agree with the death penalty.
If you don't like it, don't go there carrying drugs.
Simple.
There is a certain unavoidable logic in that.

"have any real effect other than to punish drug users or pushers, for the sake of punishing drug users and pushers. "

Evidence shows otherwise, I know that is inconvenient for you, feel free to cite other examples that have different social and economic causes whilst still ignoring evidence.

Abide by the law for the particular country you are in and have respect for those laws and every thing will usually be fine and dandy.

Still doesn't disprove that the 'war on drugs' kills people.

Are you saying that you have evidence that proves drugs pushers are punished for the sake of punishing drug pushers?

Linky?

And btw why are you posting quotes that you wrote with my name to them?

shouldve just pumped them with the drugs they were caught smuggling.massive OD then they couldve used it in advertising saying 'drugs kill'.

Sponsored Links
Back