Installation of Chinese gas wok cooker

As I said previously, if there's a 1" connection on the cooker that suggests you'll need 28mm into it, not 22mm as 22mm might well be too small. If there's currently only 22mm in the kitchen, a new supply will need to be fitted, possibly all the way back to the meter if it's only 22mm at the meter.

It'll also need an interlock fitting so the gas can't be turned on unless the extractor fan is on.

There isn't a lot of technical gas stuff freely available online. You need to buy yourself some books

The valve on the cooker is 1", so a 1" male fitting would screw into the valve, but on the other side, I guess it has to be 22mm male so that the 22mm copper would be screwed into it it with a compression type fitting.

So far I find this:

http://www.leagrave.net/product/30062/endfeed_male_adaptor_22mm_to_1_

but I think the one I need is male to male, so that the 1" male goes into the valve and the 22mm copper is screwed with a compression fitting to the other side rather than solder. I am thinking in case the cooker has to me moved or disconnected? Because with this fitting you still need to use another screw on/ compression type fitting in order to move the cooker if you have to.

IF IT'S 1" ON THE VALVE, IT NEEDS TO BE 28MM INTO IT, NOT 22MM. YOU NEED TO UPGRADE THE 22MM TO 28MM FROM THE GAS METER. I'VE SAID THIS THREE TIMES NOW!!!

Seriously, if you can't listen to basic information like this and take note of it after three attempts, you're not going to get very far in your career

Sponsored Links
It is very questionable if you are even permitted to fit a used Chinese wok burner in the UK if there is no data plate and no written manufacturer's instructions.

Even if you had anything on it in Chinese then you could post the picture here and one of us can translate it into English for you!

Tony

哈哈

As I said previously, if there's a 1" connection on the cooker that suggests you'll need 28mm into it, not 22mm as 22mm might well be too small. If there's currently only 22mm in the kitchen, a new supply will need to be fitted, possibly all the way back to the meter if it's only 22mm at the meter.

It'll also need an interlock fitting so the gas can't be turned on unless the extractor fan is on.

There isn't a lot of technical gas stuff freely available online. You need to buy yourself some books

The valve on the cooker is 1", so a 1" male fitting would screw into the valve, but on the other side, I guess it has to be 22mm male so that the 22mm copper would be screwed into it it with a compression type fitting.

So far I find this:

http://www.leagrave.net/product/30062/endfeed_male_adaptor_22mm_to_1_

but I think the one I need is male to male, so that the 1" male goes into the valve and the 22mm copper is screwed with a compression fitting to the other side rather than solder. I am thinking in case the cooker has to me moved or disconnected? Because with this fitting you still need to use another screw on/ compression type fitting in order to move the cooker if you have to.

IF IT'S 1" ON THE VALVE, IT NEEDS TO BE 28MM INTO IT, NOT 22MM. YOU NEED TO UPGRADE THE 22MM TO 28MM FROM THE GAS METER. I'VE SAID THIS THREE TIMES NOW!!!

Seriously, if you can't listen to basic information like this and take note of it after three attempts, you're not going to get very far in your career

I am sorry I have to disagree here, I find this fitting, see below:

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/compression-adaptor-22mm-x-1-male-iron-straight

which I think is the solution here, the 1" male side of the fitting get screwed into the 1" valve on the cooker, and into the other 22mm end goes the 22mm copper gas pipe with a compression fitting. My mentor told me that sometimes the most complicated looking things could be quite simple, considering I am only a beginner I don't think he would give me some sort of complicated issue to resolve, so perhps the answer here is very simple... :)

There is one thing here thats very Simple ;)

Sponsored Links
There is one thing here thats very Simple ;)

Do you think this fitting could be the answer?

900x900px-LL-658002b7_joke_over_your_head.jpeg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This fitting really is the solution here :)

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/compression-adaptor-22mm-x-1-male-iron-straight

as my mentor said: "Sometimes things are very simple." I don't think he would give me some very complicated case to resolve knowing my very basic knowledge in this field. No wonder he said there is an existing 22mm gas supply pipe that is connected to the existing cooker, so this is it, this fitting is the solution, keep all the pipes as they are and connect the new cooker by using this reducer. Now I understand that trying to find the answer by constantly search is the way to go, sometimes you learn even from the people who don't want to help, but laugh at you or trying to be sarcastic or to be the BIG I am, just because a 16 yr old kid is asking for a bit of help.

Thanks for your help guys :)

I am only a beginner I don't think he would give me some sort of complicated issue to resolve, so perhps the answer here is very simple... :)
You had a pop at me earlier, and I am still not sure this is not a wind up.

You have no idea regarding gas rates and don't understand basic controls (pictures). There is no shame in that - I did not start my apprenticeship until 16 1/2. Decades ago. But your mentor HAS set you a complicated task (for you), and, personally, I don't see the point, unless he thinks you are an opinionated oik and is trying to pull you down a peg or two.

It is more normal for you to observe and assist - learn a bit almost by osmosis.

The basic answers ARE reasonably simple for the experienced, but you have argued against sound advice (especially Re Dan). If you qualify to register for the CC you will find a lot of help - if you choose to accept it.

But perhaps you are an Oik

And they want to use Google for exams :eek:.

Thank Christ I'm only here for another 10 years. . What can go wrong? :mrgreen:

Imagine the damage the CCR would do to this poor chap :?:

And they want to use Google for exams :eek:.

Thank Christ I'm only here for another 10 years. . What can go wrong? :mrgreen:

Imagine the damage the CCR would do to this poor chap :?:

I think you enjoy having an audience. Good for you.

OK, I'll try one more time before I go and bang my head against a wall....

The 1" valve on the cooker would tend to suggest that a 22mm pipe is too small to supply the cooker and that a 28mm pipe should be used. The gas pipe supplying it therefore needs to be upgraded to 28mm to ensure the appliance is supplied with the correct amount of gas. You can't just join a new appliance onto an existing supply of the supply doesn't have the capacity to provide enough gas to run it

Oh, and one more thing - the adaptor you've posted a link to is not only the incorrect size, it's also not approved for use on gas - it's a water fitting

OK, I'll try one more time before I go and bang my head against a wall....

The 1" valve on the cooker would tend to suggest that a 22mm pipe is too small to supply the cooker and that a 28mm pipe should be used. The gas pipe supplying it therefore needs to be upgraded to 28mm to ensure the appliance is supplied with the correct amount of gas. You can't just join a new appliance onto an existing supply of the supply doesn't have the capacity to provide enough gas to run it

Oh, and one more thing - the adaptor you've posted a link to is not only the incorrect size, it's also not approved for use on gas - it's a water fitting

As I have said before, there is an existing cooker of the same type that has been running there on 22mm gas supply for many years, you're the only person to suggest that the piping should be increased to 28mm all the way back to the meter. I don't think this is the answer.

Ok this is the adapter:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Male-Iron-Coupler-22-x-25mm-Pack-2/p/421601

As I have said before, there is an existing cooker of the same type that has been running there on 22mm gas supply for many years

"same type" does not mean it was installed correctly many years ago
"same type" does not mean it complies with current regulations for existing appliance
"same type" does not mean it complies with current regulations for installing a new appliance
"same type" does not mean "same gas rate required"

Now, you can either make yourself look a little more intelligent to your mentor than you have here and mention gas rate, meter size, pipe sizing, and extractor fan interlocking, or you can tell him you've found a radiator adapter in Wickes that'll do the job for £2.

Even if that is the answer your mentor is looking for, you should have realised by now that the trade don't buy things from Wickes for £2 when they can get them from the trade merchant for 50p.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back