Ideas for sealing a roll top cast iron bath to the wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the heading, looking for ideas for sealing a roll top bath to the wall as well as how to deal with the corner where the bath has a significant radius?

Sealing it where it contacts the wall on the straight edge will create a channel which will tend to accumulate water.

Tony

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: Have you been drinking old fruit?

It is possible to purchase a bath for this purpose - it looks like an old roll-top from the front but has flat sides at one end and the back for sealing against a wall. If you've already got the roll-top then I suggest you're knackered, sorry

kensington%20extra.png

clearwater-baths-kensington-t3br-169-x-62-5-x-75cm-traditional-bath-right-hand-p4370-8680_zoom.jpg

Window trim with a load of silicon should do it. You could even incorporate a plughole waste in the corner if you're thinking of a shower ;)

Already have it unfortunately!

What kind of window trim?

What about the curved end and the room corner?

Tony

Sponsored Links
How about getting some plasterers to curve the corner of the wall to match the bath?

I have to do my own plastering!

But as it is to be tiled then I would need curved tiles as well!

I was hoping for some simple solutions that I had not thought of before!

Tony

The point of a roll top bath is that it is free standing and not fixed to the wall. You can buy those ring shower curtains though.

corian or granite but you would have to have it made to the shape and size you require

+1 for the lead flashing. If monies an issue you could use flashband :D

Can use Upvc trim like curved beading and as for the curved bath end, a bit difficult, maybe use plywood, tiling with tiles edge, you need to warm up, soft up a bit on plastic tile trim and bend it to match bath curved bit. I done it before, not easy but can be done.

Daniel.

I have to do my own plastering!

But as it is to be tiled then I would need curved tiles as well!

If it's to be tiled it doesn't matter if the plasterings a bit rough.

Curved tiling would usually be done with mosaics or you could make your own tiles to measure in evening classes in ceramics.

Tony post up when you are about to do the job and I'll post up a perfect solution. It's easy really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back