Zanussi 1466S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Half way through a wash cycle my machine filled with water and kept going until it was gushing out of the powder dispenser drawer and all over the floor.

I turned the machine off and drained the water out manually, checked the filter, turned the drum and switched it back on.

When I did this all the lights came on and the machine will not work. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
The air trap is blocked, it's a bit of a pain to do yourself so I would fully reccomend you get an engineer in.

We charge about £45 to do this.

If you really do want the instructions to do it yourself then post back and i'll tell you but you have to take out the WHOLE filter assy to do it properly.

There are cheating ways such as using wire to poke down the trap to free it up, but this is only a temporary fix and you only have to do it again later.

We have now (finally) had a repair man out, who advised that we would need to have the PCB (?) board replaced at a cost of £140 plus labour and VAT.

He also advised that this might not solve the problem and that another board (motor) may also need to be fitted at a cost of £60.00 plus labour and VAT.

Basically he said that as the machine had filled with water the water has got into the PCB board which was why I could no longer use the machine.

We decided not to go ahead and have the machine fixed as we only had a new PCB board fitted in September.

Do you agree with this prognosis??
=================================
locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back