Charities drive woman to suicide.

Sponsored Links
Yes I saw that very sad, trouble is once they get money out of you they keep on milking the cow. The fact they are doing it for a good cause does not mean the affect on the victim is any less than many scams.

I get ****ed off when I donate to a charity because a family nominates it instead of flowers and then they keep sending all kinds of stuff for years afterwards.

You give your details so they can reclaim tax then you get pestered for ever you should be able to tick a box at the time of donation to stop further mailings.

We have charities we donate to regularly but you can't keep adding to them in the end they are just wasting resources.

I suspect many times it is companies that provide services to charities egging them on to get more publicity business out of it.

Charities are big businesses these days, and there are big salaries to be gained.

The only organised charity I contribute to is 'Foreign Aid', and that's only because David Cameron obliges me to do so.

Would you opt out then, given the option?

Sponsored Links
The missus used to donate £3 a month to a charity. After the first year, she was bombarded with phone calls and junk mail asking if she could increase the donations. In the end she got fed up of it all and cancelled the direct debit. After that the next phone call she got from the charity was to ask why she had cancelled. She told them she didn't want the unsolicited phone calls nor the junk mail, nor the continuous pressure to donate more.
Personally, I think it's time the government legislated about this sort of thing, and perhaps started fining some of these charities.

PS unbeknown to her, she's been contributing to the "Take Jocky boy to the pub" charity for years. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Charities are big businesses these days, and there are big salaries to be gained.

The only organised charity I contribute to is 'Foreign Aid', and that's only because David Cameron obliges me to do so.

Yes I certainly would.

And before anyone calls me a tight-fisted Yorkie ba*tard, I do contribute both money and time to the local coal mining museum where I assist as a guide with school (and occasionally adult) visits. I might point out that none of the hundred or so members of this organisation receives any sort of salary, indeed they all pay subscriptions and most of those who can afford it make additional voluntary contributions.

Yes I certainly would.

And before anyone calls me a tight-fisted Yorkie ba*tard, I do contribute both money and time to the local coal mining museum where I assist as a guide with school (and occasionally adult) visits. I might point out that none of the hundred or so members of this organisation receives any sort of salary, indeed they all pay subscriptions and most of those who can afford it make additional voluntary contributions.

I'm sure that your contribution to the museum is greatly appreciated, anybody giving up their time and money to those that need help is to be applauded.

But you're not equating helping out in your local museum to providing food, medicine and care for desperate people are you?

I know the argument goes that we give money to India and they have a space program, but if less than 1% of my contribution goes to helping those in dire need, I am more than happy.

The unfortunate problem with providing food and medicine to such third world countries is that their birth rate and population increase, exacerbating the situation.

China has the right idea: birth control.

I know it sounds hard, but mother nature controls such things and trying to change that is doomed to failure.

Sad thing is I can remember being at school in the 60's hearing about the relief efforts to save starving children in Biafra.

How much money has been poured into help for the region over the last 50 odd years? Despite the efforts there still seems to be no improvement. :cry:

Without significant infrastructure investment and maintenance, and on going efforts to build a self-sustainable society, trying to hope that a western-style society can survive in lands that can only naturally support a nomadic and subsistence lifestyle is doomed to failure.

Problem solved then, we just need to put more money in. If we all cut back excessive lifestyle habits, and give the money we save to desperate people, we will live longer and be healthier, and so will the starving.

We could save thousands of lives, and because of the increased spending on infrastructure, people wouldn't need to get on the boat to United Kingdom .

Sponsored Links
Back