smc water control pump

JMK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for an smc water control pump for our central heating/water system. Anyone know where I might find one, please?

Sponsored Links
In a skip?
Landfill site?
Pump museum?

But seriously; yours must be over 30 years old, and can be replaced by any number of modern 130mm pumps, eg Grundfos 15/50 (or its successor).

Thanks for replying. This is interesting because the gas engineer said that there were no viable replacements that were compatible with the system! Mmm. Will look into this now. Thanks again!

Can you post a photo? Do you mean "controller" pump?

Sponsored Links
I expect its the thing looking like a pump that is actually a diverter valve.

Its relatively simple to replace them with a normal three port valve!

Tony

I am looking for an smc water control pump for our central heating/water system. Anyone know where I might find one, please?
There is 1 ordinary smc on ebay . I have only seen one of the "2pump" smc setups and I thought they were both pumps kind of pumping in different directions l: that was decades ago.

Thanks to all who have replied so far.
denso13, yes a controller pump. Sorry, can't send photo as the gas engineer took the old one away with him. At present we have to rely on the central heating to heat the water up, which makes it a bit hot in the house now that the warmer weather is here (and a waste of money), so I am trying to solve the problem.
Nige F, yes I have seen the one on ebay and am not sure if it the right one. If anyone can tell me, I will bid for it.!!

If it's a twin pump set up in one package then Grundfos do a replacement but it's eye-wateringly expensive! A similar set up can be achieved if you have a working knowledge of relays and put two separate pumps in (I did it on my parents house).

Stormer can you tell us more - are they actually 2 pumps as I thought . :?: And a link to the grundfos one.

As far as I remember the SMC thing looked like a pump but had three pipes and was in effect a diverter valve.

The Grundfoss Pump Plan has been discontinued but often are still sold on Ebay etc. Usually about £150-£200 but then there are two pumps inside!

But all that is needed is for any competent heating engineer to fit normal diverter valve.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back