Cost of a painter and decorator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What can I expect to pay for a painter and decorator per day typically, for internal painting?

Sponsored Links
One day is likely to be about £140. In London about double that.

Prices will vary from region to region I would say between £100 a day upwards depending, plus materials. £40 a day if you Eastern European !!

Agree with Joe re. The smoke ;) Down here in Sussex it's about £150 yet it costs nearly as much as The smoke to live here :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Usually Interior painters charge hourly. It mainly depend on the specific area you live. For example when I moved to Australia I paid $40 / hour to paint our Double Bay house in Sydney which is £20 in British currency. Obviously this rate is very low comparing with British labour market.
Some professional painting companies recommend their associates to assist and sometimes also offer colour computer image services so you can view the colours on your property before the tradesmen commence work. I got this service from my painting contractor premier painting company. I think before hiring a company first you need to discuss with them about your painting requirement and then negotiate the price.. :)

But check if he is charging you for travelling time. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back