Chipboard Door Hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have some IKEA furniture and the hinge (top one only) that holds the door on has come away from the chipboard side.
Whats the best way to re-screw the hinge back on?
I was going to get some epoxy type glue to fill in the hole and then re-screw the hinge but speaking to someone at work said that this isnt the best way to do this.
He said that there are some fixings that you can screw into the chipboard and then screw the screw into this? Anyone know what these are?
I cant do anything from the other side as it will spoil the outside and i cant rescrew the screws somewhere else because there isnt enough room. Making the hole bigger and then fixing this new type fixing sounds like a good idea but i cant find what these things are called.
Help

Sponsored Links
Yeah I will get some of these I think, long term its best to have a stash ready for when these damn things break. Should really put them on at install its always a rush job :(

Sponsored Links
I use car body filler. Not had to repair one twice yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back