Metal Rod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am looking for some metal rods with thread for nuts on both ends. I'm a rather casual DIYer so having checked B&Q and Wickes and not seem what I am looking for I am rather out of ideas.

I can't figure out how to post a picture of what I mean, but at 1min49seconds into this video it shows the rod which I am trying to find (this is my current project).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=109&v=arxr0lcZpzc

[/img]

Sponsored Links
B&Q sell it. Put "threaded rod" into their search engine and you'll see a selection of 1metre lengths in diameters from M4 to M12

Wickes sell M16 and M20 sizes also in 1metre lengths

Screwfix also do it in stainless steel

Thank you! Not sure how I managed it or what I was typing but I was finding plenty of rods but none with threads...Feel like a dumpty now haha

Cheers!

Find an electrical wholesaler and they'll have 3m lengths in some sizes - 10mm is common, 6 is another. Probably find it at some plumbers merchants as well - at least those aiming more towards commercial users.
It's really really common in the construction industry - plumbers, ventilation, electrical are three trades that come to mind.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back