UnderFloor Insulation over radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening all,

I have been insulating under a raised wooden floor with EkoRoll and chicken wire to hold it up. I have nearly finished the job, but have a concern over where the EkoRoll goes over the radiator pipes. (These have been placed through the separating wall sections). The pipes are clad with some kind of insulation already but there are bits missing in places and I cant always see the condition of the cladding. I have tried to avoid the EkoRoll touching the pipes (even missing some small sections), but am concerned over the areas where I cant see.

The EkoRoll has a fire-rating of "Euroclass A1 to BS EN 13501-1." which I believe means non-combustible. I assume this means I'm safe, but I am very new to this and don't want to do anything stupid, so I was hoping wiser heads could advise me.

Thanks very much in advance

Sponsored Links
It's not possible for a radiator pipe to get hot enough to set fire to anything.

However you should taken care not to enclose any wiring, which can potentially overheat.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back