Hotpoint dishwasher BF1620 - excessive steam escaping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a new house and the kitchen has a built in dishwasher, Hotpoint BF1620.

The problem is at times during the drying cycle where there is a huge amount of steam escaping from the top and this is causing a problem with the units and work top.

I've read that there is always some steam exiting the vents but this seems a lot and doesn't always happen after each cycle.

The locking mechanism and seals have been checked and seem Ok.

Any thoughts on cause and how to rectify?

Thanks?

Sponsored Links
Hello Lewigy,
I have the same problem. Did you ever resolve this as I am after a bit of advise.

You need to check there is sufficient water in the tub, too little and the water will boil uo hence cause substantial steam and it will escape regardless of how good the seals are.
It is also possible the stat is not functioning correctly i.e not cutting off the heater when it should.
Are dishes coming out clean? Could be a blockage, spray arms rotating?
Each wash programme has various cycles, some cold rinses, lower temp wash cycles, high temp wash cycle, high temp rinse aid drying cycle. So yes it will not produce steam all through the programme. But if a fault it will probably be during the high temp cycles.

Sponsored Links
I have this problem too, I changed the seal but no improvement - was going to replace the catch as it doesn't seem to be holding the door that tightly closed.

Though I am wondering if it's something more serious, has anyone resolved their issues yet? What was the cause?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back