Ariston Unvented cylinder noise

CG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new heating and hot water system fitted about 6 months ago with an Ideal Boiler and Ariston unvented cylinder, last week I fitted a new shower (not in use yet as waiting for a tiler) after teeing into my hot water feed to the bathroom.

I seem to now have air in the cylinder as if I have left the house all day or in the morning and then turn the hot tap on in my bathroom I get a strange noise from the cylinder directly above me up in the loft space, it only lasts a few seconds but is loud. When I have run off quite a lot of hot water,(for a bath etc) while the tank is reheating it vibrates and makes a humming noise. It never did this before I fitted the shower and was very quiet but as it above my bedroom I can hear it much more now than before.

Has anyone any ideas to stop this?

I have tried doing this in this order but it was no use

1 Turn on all hot taps (not shower as it is isolated at the tee).

2 Turn off mains

3 isolate cylinder cold supply in loft

4 let all taps stop dripping

5 turn on mains

6 slowly turn on cold to cylinder

7 wait until taps stop spitting and spluttering

8 close taps in order from furthest from cylinder to nearest.

Thankyou in advance and if you need more info I can look tonight.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back