Plastic waste pipe leak

CG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have use a 32mm plastic weld pipe on a new sink and it has developed a leak at a joint where it goes around the bath frame and joins to a 40mm pipe, what is the best way to fix it?

Should i cut it out or can I try puting more glue around the joint it to save buying 2 x 45s and 32-40 reducer.

thank you

Sponsored Links
It may work putting some more solvent around it, it has never worked for me but hey you never know

best to take it out and re do it, sorry

Thanks

I must sound tight if I am worring about a few plastic joints!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
The thing to remember is that it is a solvent not a glue, so it doesn't stick the parts together, it effectively melts the plastic so that it bonds together. Putting a little more on the outside rarely fixes a bad joint. When you redo, make sure the solvent is applied all the way around the pipes and the inner surface of the receiving connector and for the full length that the pipe will enter the connector. Its when you skimp on a bit of solvent that you get the leaks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back