Vaillant thermocompact leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
System boiler, just under 2 years old.
Suddenly losing pressure rapidly, plumber can't find, so leaky h/e crossed my mind as a possibility. Anyone had one leak?
Warranty? Says I,( haven't visited yet.)
Vaillant say no becasue the boiler (she told them) wasn't serviced at end of year 1. Their callout charge £215.

If it IS the h/e I'll fill in the benchmark service record for a year ago, assuming a service would have made no difference!

Sponsored Links
Why do you think its anything different from the PRV this time ???

Because the plumber whom I mentioned had a good look at that (It was Peter B) along with rad valves and the aav.

In that case I would still expect it to be the PRV as prime suspect!

Sponsored Links
You don't trust him then?!

Exp vessel pressure ok, PRV dry. Sealed ch but open vented HW, so I suspect the cyl coil may be perforated.

Not easy to prove. The water n the DCW cistern has certainly been above the fill level, but the expanding DHW would make it do that.

Cistern is a biggie so the few litres coming from the ch would hardly make its level rise much.

It's the 37kW thermocompact, non condensing. All dry inside though a bit of green fur on the h/e in one corner like lots of boilers. Again, seemed dry even when cold.
If its anything like the Turbomax pressure switches, the boiler keeps going down to a tiny pressure. But this one stops. Two victorian floors means the boiler pressure shouldn't go below 0.6 bar or so if the coil IS holed.
2 bar to the .6 or so bar I saw, had taken about a week, so its a middling sort of leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back