Tricity Bendix Dishwasher. No water!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!! my dishwasher is about 3 years old, but has only been in use for a year of that time. The machine now makes an awful noise, and wont fill up or drain any water out. Do i need a new pump, or should i just buy a new machine?? :(

Sponsored Links
A blockage leading to a locked out fill valve. Turn off the water supply, disconnect the water hose at the dishwasher end. Some water will come out. Reconnect the hose, turn on the water. Start the dishwasher, if water comes in it's got an internal blockage. If not, the possibilites are numerous.

Thank you for your response. I have already taken off the hose, and couldn't find a blockage. i put the hose back in place, but still not working. :(

You won't see the blockage at the inlet valve. It will be deeper inside the machine.
When it's trying to fill do you hear a buzz from the inlet valve? If so, it's locked out. If not, your problem probably lies with wiring, valve or timer/module.

Sponsored Links
when i disconnected the machine, i checked to see the pressure of water coming out of the tap... it wasn't gushing out like a normal tap, but rather trickling out. Could this be something to do with it?? and if so, why did it work ok, then all of a sudden stop?

Locked out means the valve is locked shut. However, if you don't have a decent water supply it won't open the valve. You need to sort out the plumbing first, then see if the dishwasher works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back