effecency part p

Sponsored Links
:?: :?: :?: :?:

What........isn't Part P 'Electrical Safety in dwellings'?

Servicing what?

:rolleyes:

Part P of the building regulations is intended to increase the safety of households by improving the design, installation, inspection and testing of electrical installations in dwellings when these installations are being newly built, extended or altered.

Me thinks, this is what your on about !

It is a Government priority to ensure that existing and new heating installers are competent to install and maintain energy-efficient domestic heating/hot water systems. The White Paper ‘Our energy future –creating a low carbon economy’ dated 24 February 2003 aims to reduce UK carbon emissions, in part by improving the average energy efficiency of domestic heating/hot water systems, by installing efficient condensing boilers. The White Paper will introduce more demanding standards from April 2005 and the current Building Regulations Part L1 in England and Wales, will be upgraded at that time to ensure that these standards are met. Similar changes are expected to be made to the Building (Scotland) Regulations and the Building Regulations (Northern Ireland), (especially regulations F3 and F4), at a later date. The Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating qualification has been developed to prepare heating installers for the change in building regulations and to encourage them to have a positive attitude to high efficiency products based on sound knowledge and product confidence. The Building Regulations 2001 Part L1 are broad based regulations covering the building and ‘controlled services’ equipment in new and existing domestic properties.

Sponsored Links
Thanks IOW ;) But the only White Paper I`m interested in has "Now wash your hands" printed on every sheet :LOL: And "Government property" also ,where I am now.

CorgiIOW said:
Part P of the building regulations is intended to increase the safety of households by improving the design, installation, inspection and testing of electrical installations in dwellings when these installations are being newly built, extended or altered.

What a naive view. It was done to get niecie, or whatever poncy initials they use, loads-o'-money in the same way British Gas gets money for old rope via corgi. BG tried to get the whole of the central heating market, but fortunately failed. The same way Pilkingtons started FENSA to get loads-o'-money by pretenting a cowboy with a ticket is no longer a cowboy. The part p crap is just the same. There is MUCH more interest in checking the right boxes are ticked than in checking the standard of work. Don't be fooled, safety will be no better than it was, in fact, since there are many sparkies finding other things to do, it may well get worse.

What a naive view.

No not naive, im also very aware of the in,s and out of the political bullshit. :rolleyes:

I was was merely pointing BOB.DOLE in the direction i thought he was trying to go ! :rolleyes:

Yet to see any impact of Part P on my patch due to zero enforcement.

Re-installed a hob on a hose yesterday - ignition was wired straight into the oven feed (2Kw) off a 40 A fuse!

Other recent classics include 9Kw shower run on 2.5mm T/E spured off the ring.

New kitchen - all the sockets wired of the lighting circuit

New split consumer unit - RCD protecting the lights and not the sockets.

As with all regulations they only effect those of us with a conscience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back