Drives not reading discs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok Bandidos..try this..

Tried to record some music onto disc for the mrs tonight (nice bit of late 60's and 70's Ska and rock steady..ok ok thats irrelevent!!)...got a whole new box of blank cd-r's (jvc specific for music) put one in, done the neccessary in Media player...hit burn...it kept coming up asking me to put a cd in the drive...

Tried doing it using Nero but it doesnt recognise wma files apparently..tried to do it with some photos instead (in nero) again it asked for a cd-r

Next...I put in a cd that I know to have pix on it..in both my cd rw drive and DVD drive...again same problem..it did not recognise there was anything in it..

Now the twist...both drive play music cd's fine.. :rolleyes:

Over to you...

Sponsored Links
Plan A.
In "my computer", right click on one of the cd drives and select "properties" then "recording". Make sure "enable cd recording" is ticked.

Have you by any chance recently upgraded to Windows XP? When I did, I found it was incompatible with my Roxio CD Writer apps.

Sponsored Links
Interesting point..I did upgrade but that was back in November and I have viewed pix since then

Downloaded roxio last night but its still asking for a disc.

Try the discs in a different machine, some CD recorders are picky about which CD-R's they can record onto.

Plan B.

Start,
Run,
Type "services.msc" then click ok
find Imapi cd-burning com service and make sure it doesn't say disabled. If it does, change it to automatic.
reboot pc.

If it says "manual" is that significant?

Not really - mine's set at manual and works fine. It'll start when a program requests it. I just thought that with Zampa having some problems with it it might help matters starting it rather than having it just start up when you want it.

Sponsored Links
Back