Is it a 3-way valve fault?

flashing red is lockout. constant red is 'no call for heat'

so in other words, a non pcb fault

some other reason for it not going through its sequence

Sponsored Links
From my limited experience I would say the lockout problem (flashing red) is most likely to be due to the pcb.
Mine had quite a few hair line cracks where terminals were soldered and some readers of this forum with the same problem have re soldered them.
A faulty motor or microswitch does not cause lockout. You could have both cylinder stat and room stat at a low setting and boiler could be in stand by for long periods ( constant red ).
I had both problems but not at the same time. Going to lockout 2 or 3 times a day or sometimes may go 2 or 3 days without going to lockout. Cured with new pcb.
Heating only would not cause boiler to light, so radiators cold, but hot water and heating together did light boiler so radiators heated until hot water satisfied which did not take very long and it went back to heating only. You may have it set to HW and CH but the valve only remains in the mid position until one side is satisfied, from there it moves to either HW only or CH only.
If I was in your position I would want to eliminate any problem with the valve first.
I would want to confirm the valve is moving to the CH position and I would want to check the power on orange wire.
If you cannot get 'CH only' but can get 'CH when it is shared with HW' then the valve is the most likely cause.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back