replacing radiator on Pressuried system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i have recently moved house and the new home has an avacodo bathroom suite which just has to go. i am currently removing all the tiles etc and am a little stumped about the radiator.

i have removed rads before, in my old house, but this ran on a gravity feed system. the new House has a Worcestor 240 combi RSF Boiler which is a pressurised system.

I need to remove the rad for a while to re-tile. to do this i intented to turn of the valves and lift out the rad, as with the old system.

What i need to know is when i replace it how do i refill the radiator as there is no header tank to let water into the system from.?
Also do i need to shut down the boiler sytem to remove the radiator?
and will this type of system run with one radiator missing from the loop?

Sponsored Links
misguided fool said:
What i need to know is when i replace it how do i refill the radiator as there is no header tank to let water into the system from.?

Just refit the rad as before, bleed it and then top up the system via the filling loop - disconnecting the filling loop afterwards.

Also do i need to shut down the boiler sytem to remove the radiator?

No, but I'd blank the rad valves if you are going to run the heating.

and will this type of system run with one radiator missing from the loop?

Yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back