Combi or not ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am self building a new bungalow, all the pipework is in for a combi in the roof space.
I am now getting nervous re combi, question is, is it still practical to change my mind and put in system boiler and a cylinder, I do not think funds will run to a pressurised system, other query is I have already fitted a Mira Excell thermostatic shower to run of a combi, could I still use this if I go with a system boiler??
Finally if it is practical to change ball park cost anyone to help me decide.

Sponsored Links
Expensive because the only option is unvented - consider a thermal store perhaps.
Shower is designed for high pressures..

There are lots of happy combi owners; just get a make with respect, and a high hw output one. Take the mfrs extended warranty for a few years - until they've got the bugs out of the design :rolleyes:

Whats putting you off a combi?? I have had one in my house for 19 years (im on my second), It has happily kept my wife and three kids warm and washed for this time.If its water flow your after just got for a 4okw worcester of something of the like...mine will fill a washing up bowl and run a shower at the same time no probs.

Sponsored Links
Why change indeed! Get a good combi (Vaillant / Bosch etc) I deal with Vaillants over 20 years of age and you can't wear them out - just the rubbers go after around 14 years.!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back