boulter buderus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the difference between the 500 and a 600 boulter buderus combis,and are they both warm start??

Sponsored Links
They both have options to have more instant hot water or to use the cold start which is supposed to cause less limescale formation.

The 600 has a metal outer case instead of plastic like material, and has more thermal and sound insulation. It has a variable head pump, and when used with the modureg just works at a trickle most of the time almost silently. It has a stress free life, but should it come to any harm it's easy to fix.

The 500 is for those who can't afford the 600. Performs perfectly adequately, but were I fitting a combi at home I would have the 600 28c withoput a second thought, with a modureg, a magnaclean and a combi mate.

I would powerflush first.

Thanks Paul
I can buy a 500 warmstart inc flue, VAT and delivery but excluding modureg for £700 is this a good price??

Sponsored Links
It sounds OK to me, I would have to look back quite a long way through my invoices to see what I was charged last time I had a 500. They come in 24kw or 28kw I would advise the 28kw.

It's a good deal considering the same design methadology as the 600 and same construction quality too. Just not quite as refined.

I have one customer who has set the hot water temperature control on her 600-28c to suit her hair washing, it is so effective at it's job that she doesn't need a thermostatic shower. Though I would advise a thermostatic shower, it's interestiung to know how solid and unvarying the hot water performance is.

I have had absolutely no complaints about hot water performance from the 500 range either, and when I've just fitted them they have all given good performance, very responsive and stable.

I have had no call backs to the 500 range but I had a couple of faulty glow electrodes on installation. There was a bad batch which now seems to have been sorted. The part is only 15 quid or so, but BBT come and change ot for free anyway. Only a batch problem, not an ongoing problem.

The impressive thing about these boilers is ease of maintenance.

I'm not one of those that polishes pipes to drag out the work, if it's a five minute job I do it in five minutes and say my goodbyes. The first service is a 5 minute job.

Actually changing the heat exchanger is a five minute job!!!!

What takes us less time save you a fortune. My heart sinks when I get to one of those horrible boilers where you skin your knuckles and spend half a day just getting down to the part which needs changing!

I'm an occasional visitor here, I know your name has come up a bit, are you a professional or is this for yourself? Where are you in the country?

This is a self build, I used to be in the building trade I am not too far away from you [Thirsk]

I did some Buderus training today cos the boss wants to start fitting something decent! I fell in love, what a cracking boiler. Never seen one before, but its made me disappointed with anything else already. Just seems so easy and logical. After servicing an old glow worm 246 back boiler yesterday [remember those bar stewards] it really restored my faith in the job. Now, have I plucked up the courage to go condensing in my own home yet? Well, there's a glimmer now. Anyone got any thoughts? I've only heard good of this boiler.

Well I tryed for several days to get through to technical and gave up in the end so they are off by list.

They are now owned by Worcester so its wait and see.

They are not owned by Worcester. BBT owns Worcester and Buderus jointly.

Technical help is top quality, but number of Buderus trained BBT engineers was lacking before Christmas, may well be OK now, I haven't needed them so can't say for sure.

This was a couple of weeks ago - I just wanted to know the price of spares for example how much is the primary heats exchanger?

A year ago loacl rep claimed that no part costs more than £120 I think it was.

I haven't had to put it to the test.

It's the cheap boilers which do go wrong that cost a fortune is spares, that's how they make their money.

Quality manufacturers charge proper money for the boiler and back it up with reasonable cost spares that are of a quality which means they aren't often required.

Seems the boiler industry either takes loads of money of you over a long drawn out period having suckered you in through an unbelievably cheap product, or they make every effort to design it right and charge you for the privilage of having a boiler that you won't keep having to stay off work to get repaired.

I think I'm going to put one of these in my place, they look great. Saw them at the PHEX, but no experience of them in a work environment...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back