Microbore basics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't find this in the forum so apologies if there is already an answer there.

I need to bend 8mm pipe 90 degrees and bought a mini bender. No matter what I do, the pipe always flattens. Is the pipe too hard and would heating help or is the bender useless? In any case, any hints and tips for bending 8mm pipe without flattening or kinking would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could TRY heating the pipe...
I have 3.
One has a big roller and two bollard looking bits and a pair of handles like plier handles - useless.
The other two are the same pattern exactly, one hilmor and one rothenberger. The rothy always ripples the pipe.
Just bad quality.
If they squeeze the pipe too little or too much , no good. You might be able to experimant with a "stop" on the squeeze dimension to alter it.

I have got springs somewhere, which work but not as neatly.

Its always quicker and easier and often neater to use elbow fittings.

Tony

Sometimes i find it easier to bend 8mm pipe in the 10mm guide depending on make of bender. God knows why but avoids the problem.
Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back