amptec electric flow boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all have any of you had any experience of these, have won one in a comp and wondered if they were any good.

Sponsored Links
sooey said:
hi all have any of you had any experience of these, have won one in a comp and wondered if they were any good.

yes work great. I installed a couple of them back in Sept 2004 and haven't had any callbacks on them. Much better than the heatrae units - you can replace individual immersion heaters on the amptecs.

hi htgeng thanks for the response, I was lucky enough to win one of these along with a megaflow, a potterton gold combi and a baxi fire in plumbing heating and pipe installer magazine's christmas competition. When I was informed that I had won they asked me what sizes and capacities I wanted and naturally enough I asked for the biggest ones available, these have duly arrived and I am now the proud owner of a 300 ltr megaflow, a 12 kw electric flow boiler, a 33 kw potterton gold combi as well as a baxi heritage fire. What I was thinking was would the 12 kw electric boiler be up to the job of reheating a 300 ltr megaflow, also running costs etc. if it is. I am thinking along the lines of, you never know I may get an opportunity to specify them to somone in the future, but I wouldn't like to do that if it would lead to some future customer being dissatisfied with the end results. Sorry for the long post but any thoughts would be appreciated.

plumbing heating and pipe installer magazine
Never heard of it, nor has Mr Google. Your story sounds too far-fetched. If you want to wind us up try something a bit more credible.

Sponsored Links
hello chrishutt and nige f it wasn't a wind up but I don't blame you for thinking that cos it's my fault. I got the name of the mag wrong, :oops: :oops: :oops: I don't know why I thought it was called what I called it but it's actually called professional heating and plumbing installer, you know the one, freely available on all the trade counters. Anyway I've still got the copy of last decembers issue with the comp that I won in it, if I knew how, I could scan the page and post it on here for you but I'm not that great with computers. As for far fetched, I thought it was myself when I got the letter telling me I'd won, cos it's the first thing I've won in me life, apart from seventeen quid once on a sweepstake. In the meantime my question still stands, these electric flow boilers are supposed to give central heating and hot water do you think that a 12kw one would handle a 300 ltr megaflow.

I didn`t think it was a wind up ;) and unfortunately I`m an old skool craft plumber who never grasped maths :oops: Otherwise I could tell you how the boiler would cope with a megaflo...maybe look on their site via Google :idea:

ok I've took some photos and got them onto my computer, could anybody tell me how to get them up onto this site so that I can show them to chrishutt and gain some credibility.

OK I believe you! But you can understand my being sceptical about your claim!

As for the Amptec, you could use it to heat the Megaflo, but why? You'd be paying for expensive electricity instead of using gas. Even if it was set up to run on economy 7 it's still more expensive than gas. If you must heat the Megaflo with electricity, use the built-in immersion heater. Electric boilers don't make any sense unless there really isn't any alternative fuel available (and you're rich). I'd try flogging it on ebay.

yeah I reckon you're right on that chrishutt, it was just a mad thought I had on a way to shift the megaflow and the amptec at the same time and kill two birds with one stone. You know, what with ever rising gas prices and all. But never mind I'll follow your suggestion and stick them on ebay, thanks for the input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back