runtime error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is really irratating. For the last week or so I have a runtime error warning repeating itself constantly

c:\windows\system32\ebaocurs.exe

search on internet bring no results. Have searched on my computer for it and found a reference to it within windows in the prefetch file. I've deleted it and disabled the predfetch function but it still returns.
looked in system32 and cant see it.

my local computer shop boffins dont know either.

Challenge on

Sponsored Links
Bomber127 said:
This is really irratating. For the last week or so I have a runtime error warning repeating itself constantly

c:\windows\system32\ebaocurs.exe

search on internet bring no results. Have searched on my computer for it and found a reference to it within windows in the prefetch file. I've deleted it and disabled the predfetch function but it still returns.
looked in system32 and cant see it.

my local computer shop boffins dont know either.

Challenge on

Make sure that you have enabled the option to view hidden files, just in case it's not 'stealthed'.

More likely though, is that the file doesn't exist, but there is a reference to it in the Registry. If you know how to use the Registry, back it up and search for any references to the application. Don't change or delete anything unless you are sure you know what you are doing. Also, is your AV and Spyware software up to date.

Google has plenty of references to the Registry.

OK - have found references to it in the registry. What next?

Am running Mcafe/ad-aware Se plus/ spyware doctor

I've created a restore point then deleted all 4 of 5 entries connected with this name, one could not be deleted.

rebooted and the Runtine error warning still comes up,

Ho Hum :(

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
You need to disable system restore before deleting stuff like that or it can come back.

Good point.

Bomber127 said:
I've created a restore point then deleted all 4 of 5 entries connected with this name, one could not be deleted.

rebooted and the Runtine error warning still comes up,

Try the registry edit in safe mode. Make sure the application is not in the startup folder

Thanks very much for your help so far.

Have disabled the system restore, started in safe mode and deleted all references to ebaocurs in the registry.

I cant see any reference to it in the start up folder

Yep - still flashes up

Back