Combi Boiler- Reduction in hot water pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler = Worcester 9.6 ( about 15yrs old). When my hot water tap is turned on, the water now only flows at it normal rate for about 10secs before the flow is reduced to about half it normal. This is the kitchen tap, the bathroom (on same floor) the flow is less still. The CH works fine,the cw pressure appears fine and the boiler starts as normal and again appears to be fine in ever other way. Any ideas please?????

Sponsored Links
Bunged up secondary heat exchanger restricting the flow - needs clearing out or replacing.

Thanks for that,EliteHeat.
Iv'e tried it again before reading your reply and the only extra things I can add is that I had about a minute of water before the pressure fell and when it did fall, there was like a weezing sound cominig from the depths.
Does this change your view? and whay ££££ should I be asking my Bank Manager for?

Thanks Tony

Are you in a hard water area?
Not sure of your model, but flow regulators can be wee rubber O rings on a conical centre, where water makes the O ring move out, and bung up the flow. Yours may be duff - or blocked.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris, I did get the model wrong, it's a Worcester 9.24 Electronic

This morning having turned the b/room hw tap on, there came a 'sort of bang' from the boiler followed by black deposits from the tap and the water was running at normal pressure but, no hot water at all.
On checking the boiler I found that the 'Demand' light was not lit when the hw tap was turned on, but again the pressure was fine. The CH works and the hw does get hot when this is running.
Any help with the possible cause and prognosis would be great before I call The calvary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back