CH not working but HW ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all great site.(just added to my favourites)
We have a glowworm boiler thingy in the garage.
Upstairs in the airing cupboard is the cystern tank .
Last week we noticed the central heating wont work.
The hot water is fine.
After looking into it I come to the conclusion that the 3 way valve is faulty.(Landis Staefa MA-V322C.)
Now this valve has a manual lever on the bottom but I aint got a clue what moving it means.
If I pull it all the way to the left something kicks in and the pump starts working then it all goes off after about 3 mins.In this time the radiators still dont get warm.
Any ideas guys.
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
Sounds potentially like the syncron motor needs replacing, the end switch seems ok. Try popping a syncron motor in the valve, they are only £10 or so to buy from any DIY shop.

Sorry guys I must have come across sounding like I knew about plumbing but believe you me I dont.
Whats a syncron motor. :cry:

If you take the cap off the motorised valve the motor is the round silver thing that drives the valve open and shut

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate.
Do I have this right.
When I click the CH on downstairs a message is sent to the valve to open the way for water to go to the CH.
If this is right then whats the point of the manual lever as that wont stop in any given position,all that happens is I pull it across as far as it will go and it just springs back again.
Thanks again.

That is correct there is a little catch it hooks onto.

However when you apply the power to it, it releases the manual operation

Been out and bought synchron motor.
Problem is the old one has 3 wires going into a triangular connector.
Earth,black and white.
The new motor only has 2 wires and they are both orange.
Any idea how I can wire it up without blowing us all sky high.

Sorted guys.
I just wired the orange wires into the places where the black and white ones came from and all is fine.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Pete :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back