Power shower inlet pressures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm changing a bathroom with mains pressure cold and low pressure hot via loft tanks and hot water cylinder.

Would ideally like to get decent shower head pressure where hot and cold are equal.

Is it an option to isolate the bath hot and increase pressure via a pump leaving the other side of the pump dry?

I believe that water regs require that the hot and cold feeds to a pump have to be equal - it's a right bastard this one, the HWC is in the central core of the house, so can't get a pressure blow off out if fitting a megaflow. Really running short of options that don't require pulling the whole house to bits.

Sponsored Links
what is the mains cold pressure.?
Get a single impellor pump for showers that will match the sort of pressure of the cold thus pumping just the hot and keeping the cold on mains pressure (dont pump the mains cold)

here plumbworld do some:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1647-0000

Sponsored Links
Also remember if the shower will go over the spill over level of the bath or reach toilet , bidet, sink spill overs then a double check valve needs to be fitted one on the hot and one on the cold. this is water regs to stop cat 3 and 5 fluids sucking back into the mains, for the price if your unsure stick them on anyway.
Good luck

You might consider a venturi shower ie they use the cold mains pressure to "pull" the hot through and create a higher pressure.

Never installed or seen one so I can't vouch for their claims - perhaps others will coment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back