how do I flush a central heating system with a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my boiler replaced last October and changed from an enclosed system to a combi boiler.
At the moment I retile my bathroom and had to take off the radiator/ towelrail the plumber installed new 7 months ago.
It was full of that little nasty black debris.
So I have ordered Sentinel X400 what I will fill in to the radiator and let it run for a while (possibly a few weeks) and then intend to drain down the System.
I will switch off the central heating and then drain down the System.
How often shouyld I drain and refill the system before it is OK to refill and add the inhibitor ?
Any further tips will be very much apreciated.
Is there maybe a flushing maschine that I can hire from the Tool hire places all over the country ? When yes what is it called.

Thank you in advance
Peter

Sponsored Links
flush a couple of times shoud be enough .if system circulating ok you dont need to power flush, add x100 on final fill

Thank you for the tip, out of interest when would you think a powerflush is necessary ?

There's some stuff about mains flushing in the FAQ topic near the top of the topic menu. Much more suitable for the DIY approach.

Sponsored Links
A power flush is necessary when a top class installer is fitting a new boiler and wants to ensure that there is virtually no debris still in the system which could interfere with the operation of the new boiler.

For DIyers with time on their hands who live at the property its usually not relevant as more labour intensive methods can be used.

The most amusing DIY method which is also used by some plumbers short of work is to take each rad off and carry them into the garden and use a mains water hose pipe to flush them through. Its quite effective but not cost effective for a company charging its operative time at £80/£40 per hour.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back