SBLive! Value Drivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Soon to be installing XP Home ... Possible problem with my SoundBlaster drivers.... Been poking around, Dell site (nothing doing, even tho' twas the oem package) Dell forums a right old jumble of if's and buts.. Creative site not too helpful on OEM stuff.
Arrived finally at the kX project !!
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/faq.php?language=en#Q17

Any 'griff' on this independent development project ??

It would be wallet weighting to keep the old SB Live (CT4780) going on this project.

Q. Are the kX drivers aimed at musicians or gamers or both?
A. At present the kX driver is aimed primarily at musicians, and especially those who wish to get the most out of their soundcards (and who have traditionally been left behind by the big soundcard manufacturers, who prefer to concentrate their efforts on the more lucrative gamers market). Features designed specifically for gamers will however be added as development of the drivers continues.
:?: :?:

Update .. from Dell users forum .. Both sound and video cards will be fine using the XP native drivers ... :D

Sponsored Links
I have been using a soundblaster lives and platinums (not at the same time) with win98 ME and XP Pro and home with no problems XP seem to support them quite well
dave

Sponsored Links
Back