DVD RECORDING DIGITAL FREEVIEW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
My dad has just bought a dvd recorder to go with his digital freeviw tv.
Problem is i cant seem to tune it into the digital part oif the tv, the analogue side tuned no problem, any ideas???

PS i forgot to mention, the freeview digital is built into the tv

Sponsored Links
A standard dvd recorder does not have a digital tuner inside just a uhf (Terrestial) therefore you cannot tune individual digital channels on your recorder you can only tune your four or five terrestial channels. The only way to record digital channels is to connect a scart lead from your tv output scart socket (this is usually marked by a arrow pointing out of a box or an arrow in/out of a box next to the scart socket on the back of the tv) to the input socket on the dvd (this is marked by a box with the arrow pointing into the box next to the socket on the dvd player).You will then have to set the dvd to the a/v channel by selecting the a/v or input button on the dvd remote control this should show on the dvd display as a/u or L1 or similar usually to match whatever scart socket you have plugged your lead in on the back of the dvd.This will then record only the channel you are currently watching on the tv.You can not record one digital channel while watching another. You may be able to set the tv to output a digital channel for recording purposes and the switch to a terrestial channel on the tv to watch but you must referto your tv manual to see if your model has this option and how to configure that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back