Zanussi Jetstream 1400 - Fails to take away conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Zanussi Jetstream 1400 which regularly refuses to take away the softener/conditioner poured into the drawer.

Also after a period of time the drawer area becomes gummed up with ablack silt.

can anyone spread any light on this one as my poor wife curses when she opens ther drawer and find the "Lenor" is still there!

Sponsored Links
Just bringing this back to the top.

Can anyone explain why our Zanussi will not empty the fabric conditioner from the draw?

Also, if you remove the draw it is full of black slimey substance and needs cleaning on a regular basis too!

HELP PLEASE?

The conditioner syphon is blocked. Take the drawer out, take the syphon out and clean all the ports, holes and compartments. Use a babies bottle brush to clean inside the dispenser.

The black slimy stuff in the dispenser compartment is bacterial growth and left over soap. The dispenser and drawer do require regular cleaning.

We don't do many "boil" washes nowadays so the bacteria is never killed off so you may also find similar slimy stuff in the folds of the door seal and between the drums. If you do you'll have to do some maintenance washes which involves putting 1 aerial tablet into the drum, setting it to the hottest wash and letting the machine run through the cycle. (Don't put any laundry in during a maintenance wash). This will disolve the build up of soap and body fat and the high bleach content of the tablet will kill the bacteria.
Do not try putting bleach into the machine as it will foam up, cause problems and possibly damage the hoses and door seal.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

tiredengineer said:
The conditioner syphon is blocked. .

i had thought that, then i read it again, the conditioner is still there, not the conditioner thing is full of water, i would have said its getting no cold water to take conditioner

Sponsored Links
Clean out the dispenser, the holes will be blocked, hence no water.
You'll still need to take the drawer out and clean everything out due to the bacterial growth build up.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses but we have tried all of the items you mentioned.

The draw has been removed, scrubbed and re-fitted more times than we can remember.

Numerous "Boil" washes with no clothes in the machine have also been carried including one last night and still the conditioner stays in the draw!

One of you mentioned the "Syphon". Is this part of the drawer itself or something we have indeed missed inside the machine.

I am now wondering if it is a programming problem as the tablet pleaced in the drawer gets washed away but conditioner stays put!

When you take the drawer out, look into the dispenser and look at the underside of the top. You'll see small holes. Work out which holes are above the conditioner compartment. Are they blocked? This is the normal cause of no water. Clear the holes, you should get water coming through again. The syphon is part of the conditioner compartment. It comes to bits and can be cleaned thoroughly when in pieces.

Hi tiredengineer,

Just about to post my problem when I saw this one. The washer is a FJ 1040 but the fault is the same; no water feed to flush out the conditioner. The tray is clean and works on testing externally.
I would appreciate knowing why there is no water feed to the conditioner section. I have poked nylon line into the feed nozzle but no water feed results.
Do you think it is due to a faulty solenoid, if so how do I get to it?
Suggestions appreciated.

Regards flounder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back