hotpoint washer drum damper struts /absorber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.....are these replaceable as the one's on my machine offer hardly any damping/resistance ,hence machine drum bouncing all over place mainly on a slow spin as its ramping up speed !! Once fast spinning it doesn't seem so bad !!

You can easily rock the drum sideways , and the movement seems excessive ! Is this normal ?

If they are changeable , how easy are they to do and a rough cost of parts ??

Or any other suggestions as to what it may be ?? Like I said , its not too bad on full speed , just on ramp up to full speed...!!
cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
i had the same problem and it was the brushes on the motor going. causing a jerk on spin startup as the problem you have.

cheers , I had just changed the brushes due to earlier fault of not draining/spinning but now new brushes in there's a squeal from them which I think may be not seated 100% or dirty commutator ???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back