limited power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im at wits end with my washer (Hotpoint aquarius 1100 spin WMA31). Once it is turned on there is a 'glimmering' super rinse neon. This remains as long as there is power, no matter what program is selected. It only fades away when the dial is turned to off, or turned off at the plug.
I have tried to run through the fault finding process via the CONTROL PCB / USER board but to no avail.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cushers

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer
Thanks for taking time to reply. Do you mean that if I leave it alone it should recify itself?

Cushers said:
Hi Breezer
Thanks for taking time to reply. Do you mean that if I leave it alone it should recify itself?

NOPE HE MEANS DONT WORRY ABOUT IT.
ITS JUST A NEON AND A SPOT OF LEAKAGE CURRENT
IF IT ANNOYS YOU JUST PULL IT OUT.

==================================
please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that.
I guess that that means there is a more serious underlying problem as the machine 'refuses' to work. The weak current leakage in one of LEDs is the only sign of life.

Cushers said:
Thank you for that.
I guess that that means there is a more serious underlying problem as the machine 'refuses' to work. The weak current leakage in one of LEDs is the only sign of life.

BUT thats not what you said in the first place

Sorry to waste your time. I should have said that...

"once it is turned on there is ONLY a glimmering super rinse neon....no matter what program is selected".

Appologies for the confusion and thank you for taking time to consider it.

Hello Macmini
The light 'flickers', and is really dim. So dim that I didn't notice it the first time. It's not as strong as the 'door lock' flasing neon was when I hadn't quite closed it properly in the past.

Thanks for your interest

Cushers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back