Roof Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are thinking about getting our roof sealed, however, I would like to check to see if there are any benefits to getting this done. What type of guarantee should we look for and what should we look for from a company doing this type of thing should we choose to get it done,

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mandy

Sponsored Links
do you mean the spray on expanding foam stuff?

if no what then

if yes, don't

it seems a good idea, how ever no one can say how long it will last becasue it hasnrt been around that long as a roof sealant, spray foam does deteriate over time.

also as it seals the roof it lets no air in or flow so beams get rotten /or what ever they do with no air flow

the man breezer is dead right,plus,i'm assuming the roof isn't felted,what do you do if you get a broken tile or slate,your whole roof is bonded together with foam,how do you remove a tile/slate without damaging the foam and nullifiying any guarantee the foam company has given you.my advice to you is to look for alternatives and AVOID SPRAY FOAM LIKE THE PLAGUE.it will probably cost as much as it would to just stick a new roof on.hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back