Smoking Zanussi WJD1667

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Zanussi Washer/Dryer is filling with smoke after about 5 minutes on the dryer cycle. Illogically it seems worse if it follows a 900 spin rather than a full speed one.
I haven't opened up the machine to investigate yet but would appreciate advice on what to look for.

Sponsored Links
First make sure the lint fitter is fitted, clean, and not faulty.

I suppose you would then have to brush, hoover and wipe it out, but that might need some dismantling.

Perhaps someone will be along who's familiar with your model (presumably you've looked at the instructions already?)

Sponsored Links
I don't know your particular machine, but generally, because the drying clothes contain a certain amount of dust and fluff that blows out during the drying cycle, there is a fine mesh filter to catch it. Mostly accessible from the front door so you can take it out and clean it after each use. Some dryers have it on the back wall of the drum.

Have you got the instruction book?

Yes I have the instruction book and it makes no mention of a fluff filter. I know what you mean though, our previous washer dryer had one at the rear.
It looks like I'll have to open it up and investigate - it may be easy once I get the back off. Certainly it was incredibly simple to replace the pump earlier this year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back