Help - Hotpoint Acquarius Washer/Dryer WD440P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone out there help me?

When I did the last load of washing on Sunday night, the machine decided to stop working after the end of the cycle. Now it will do nothing at all! The on/off light is flashing at about 1 second intervals and the top 2 lights on the LH side are flashing quickly.

As the troubleshooting info on the user pack from Hotpoint is no use, has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what it could be? We've checked for level and its fine.

Thanks a lot
Karen

Sponsored Links
Yes, I know - a very old thread, but it is a common problem usually suggesting the unit requires an expensive new PCB and the fix is a fairly easy one that I devised many years ago.

Unplug power and remove the PCB form the machine after unplugging all of the connections to it, making a note of where each goes back. About the centre of the PCB will be an electrolytic capacitor, located between two heatsinks. The capacitor will be swelled either on top or at its base, due to heat from the heatsinks. It needs to be removed and a new item fitted of a higher temperature rating than the standard item, observing the correct polarity. The capacitor costs just a few pence. More details on the 'whitegoods' forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back