Drum shaft seal - Hotpoint 9515 w/m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help.
My Hotpoint 9515 was making awful noises which were traced to the drum bearings.
Getting the drum assembly out was slow but relatively easy for this former engineer.
The inner, stainless steel, drum is now removed from the outer "plastic" one, and the exact cause of the ruined bearings is now very clear.
The seal runs on a bronze(?) bush. In this instance the bronze bush has developed a longitudinal split, so even a new seal is not going to keep water out of the bearings! Photo available if this helps.

Question:-
Is there a simple replacement for the bronze bush, or does one replace the entire rotating three-legged spider and shaft assembly? If so, where is it available, and at what sort of price? (I already have the new seal and bearings)

Thanks, PWat

Sponsored Links
when i worked for hp you changed the spider, bearings (kit) and fromt dum seal, this way you made sure it never leaked and not noisey.

I suggest you get new spider from same place you got bearings

Job done successfully, if somewhat slowly
The M/c is now sooo quiet in comparison with how it was!
Regards
PWat

Sponsored Links
i know this will be of no comparison, but how long did it take to do?

When i worked for hp to change bearings they allowed us....

yes i know we had all the tools, but i am just curios as to how long it took you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back