cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can any one help i have a combi system and i took the rads off to flush them out . they were filthy however after fitting them back and fill up rads upstairs are warm but downstairs are cold system worked fine before , just thought i would clean in good weather where did i go wrong cheers john

Sponsored Links
If your system was very dirty then your circulating pump may need encouraging to turn again.

Most makes have a means of manually turning the spindle, usually by removing a protective (and sealing) cap.

What make/model is your pump?

You may have unbalanced your system, you may have moved sludge from one place to another.

Fill the system without turning the boiler on but only up to a maximum of 1.2 Bar. Bleed each radiator in turn and refill to 1.0 Bar as appropriate.

Turn all lockshield valves closed and then open up by 2 turns. Turn all TRV's to 1/2 open, and fire up the combi.

You could before firing the boiler inject sludge remover into the system either via the filling loop or a radiator bleed valve this will break down any deposits that remain in the system, the system will then need to be flushed out after a period of 2 weeks and replaced with inhibitor.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back