Advice Required - Glowworm Fuel Saver 30-40 ti Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've currently got no hot water/heating as the boiler in my rented property will not light. I have tried several times to manually light the pilot. Whilst I am holding the pilot switch in for the recommended 20 seconds it is alight but as soon as I release it ... it just goes out again.

The boiler is a Glowworm Fuel Saver 30-40 and is annually checked (last check being February).

Does anybody have any idea what the problem may be? I assume it's something I cannot deal with as I have tried by following the instructions indicated on the boiler... to no effect.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thermocouple? I have a vague idea .. I think ;) Is this going to cost a lot to replace and is this a quick job?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Seriously? Sorry I am a complete novice.. my only concern is to get my heating back as soon as possible for the sake of my little boy!

I did not think that a thermocouple cost that much ? Is it purely replacing it.. ie: the labour costs?

you should get someone out to do that for about 40 -50 quid.....nice and easy bread and butter job.

just to add insult to injury my water boiler is leaking .. could these two problems be interconnected?

Thanks for all your help... and sorry .. but I'm just worried!

:(

They could well be....get the landlord onto it first thing monday

boiler or
hercal_small_pic.gif
:?: :?:

oh my goodness.. it's all happening here! Water Tank is leaking.. have turned off water and switched off any electrical switches. Glowworm boiler is not ignited - no hot water/heating and now.. the shower unit has burst the pipe with all the pressure of the water!

It can surely only happen in threes????

see your landlord it is his responsibility to ensure your boiler is running correctly and in full working order, thats law.

let us hope she has told him by now....that was 15 monts ago!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back