WC Float

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My WC takes a long time to fill up, really long time. here is a picture of the float www.football-live.biz

What seems to happen where the float connects (sorry dont know what its called) is the water is restricted , there's only a couple of small holes for the water to fill.

It was just a cheap WC and I wonder should I change the flush system or should this work as it is.

there is a 22mm cold and hot feed and the sink, bath, shower and wc T off this, maybe I should have run the 22mm to the wc and drop down to 15mm just before the wc inlet?

Sponsored Links
I found that the flow was severely restricted in a bathroom I refitted earlier this year even though I didnt change the pipework too much. I did have to replace as much as poss with 22mm and that helped, but the tap was one of the new types that needed a high flow rate...so that answered one problem....new tap or put up with slow flow rate.
The toilet filling though has got me...doesnt look as though that inlet/float valve has a diaphragm of any kind which is what used to restrict the flow on the old type ball cock setups. I would seriously look into just replacing it with something more recognised, or take it to your local merchant who will tell you if it has a restricter on it.
Good luck

Could you suggest anything I could replace it with, do you need a picture of it all in place, I cant have the slow flow, drives me crazy

Thanks for your help

Literally just pop into a decent plumbing merchant...with your one in tow and explain the problem to them and they will point you to something that can replace it if necessary. As I said, I havent seen one of those before and they may have a restrictor in it due to most new system being under mains pressure these days. Just removing the restrictor may be all thats required, but if not they can suggest an alternative.
I had one inlet valve blow up in my face due to the pressure of the incoming water. Not due to overpressure so much as a tiny crack in the valve that blew under pressure. Looked more like a bidet than a loo :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That "valve" is probably for high pressure supply.....like most of EUrope :rolleyes: and you have Good old Brit. low pressure from a Roof Cistern :cry: Now I`m told that Fluidmaster make a valve suitable for LP, and so do Torbeck, if you remove the "pressure reducing spiral" from the inlet connection ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back