cold temp on thermostatic shower mixer tap??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me any advice.

I have recently had installed a brand new combi boiler, and a new shower/bath thermostatic mixer tap. Everything was ok for four weeks – but now my showers/baths don’t ever get hot enough (warm at best). The water does not get any hotter even if I push the heat on the mixer valve up to max. There is no difference if I reduce the flow of the shower/bath. It seems like ther is always too much cold water getting mixed in. Occasionally I will get a decent shower 1 in 10 but there seems to be no reason for this. The tap temperature gauge on the boiler is set to max and all of the other taps in the house are scalding when the hot is on, so it appears to not be the boiler. I am a bit peeved seeing as I spent so much money on it. Should I get a plumber out should I try and get a new warranty mixer tap as this one Is faulty?????
Mixer tap is metro vertical thermo shower bath valve from bathstore.com.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
There seem to be two possibilities:

1. There's a flow restriction in the hot water supply to your tap;
or
2. The tap has developed a faulty thermostat.

Is there an isolating valve on the supplies to the tap? If so, you partially close the valve to create a flow restriction and see if the tap operates correctly. If it doesn't then it could still be either of the above causes, but if it doesn't then it points to a tap fault, in which case you should contact your supplier and ask them to replace the tap. Given that it's only been four weeks you can choose to claim under your statutory rights or under the terms of the warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back