Want to 'cross-over' hot/cold to switch hot/cold taps around

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I previously had the hot pipe coming from the boiler at ground level, (left to right) and the cold pipe just above it.

These then turned upwards to the sink taps, resulting in the cold on the left (i.e. the 'inner' pipe) and the hot on the right ('outer' pipe).

This can be seen here:
http://www.simonwray.dsl.pipex.com/house/boiler1.jpg

The new mixer tap that I want to install faces the other way around, hot on left, cold on right. I don't think the mixer tap can be reversed and I actually want hot as left tap, cold as right.

So... is there any problem to cross the upper cold pipe over the lower hot pipe before turning them both up (or vice versa)? or using flexible pipes from each at the top to cross them to the taps? or another suggestion?

Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
Mebbe if you remove the symbol`H`for hot & `C`for cold & switch`em around, you can leave pipes as they are, otherwise you can cross `em anywhere you like as long as Hot goes to hot & so on...

H...on Left is the usual........and it may be that mixer is Co-axial :eek: with hot inside cold thru spout .......but if it`s a cheapo foreigner it`s probably just an open void `twix H+C......cynical........who, me :confused:

Sponsored Links
Crossovers are the first thing learnt in the Age Old Art of Pipebending and used almost anywhere.

IMO avoid quick remedy shove on flexi pipes, they are C R A P

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back