hotpoit aquarius 1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
typically as i am about to move house the washing machine has started to play up, water has started to leak from the door, i have cleaned out all the pipes and filter but it continues to leak, would it be the door seal
i have been running it empty and it also appears to be filling up to much and then leaking around the door seal
if you think it is the seal is it easy to replace
your thoughts would be much appreciated
ivan m

Sponsored Links
Inspect the bottom of the door seal for any tears or holes this would cause door leaks. If the machine is overfilling this could cause water to leak but is a different problem. You must be sure whether the machine is overfilling or not, one sign of this is the machine will turn erratically and unstable if there is too much water in the drum

tockworth said:
Inspect the bottom of the door seal for any tears or holes this would cause door leaks. If the machine is overfilling this could cause water to leak but is a different problem. You must be sure whether the machine is overfilling or not, one sign of this is the machine will turn erratically and unstable if there is too much water in the drum
ivan m i have inspected the the door seal and there does not appear to be any tears or holes, it seems to leak on some cycles and not others, and now it is not spinning, does this point to the programme
Ivanm

Sponsored Links
things seem to getting worse by the minute with yet another what seems to be unrelated fault (not spinning) Did you first of all check whether your machine is overfilling. If you start a wash on a empty drum you should hear it start to fill the drum, the drum should rotate slowly and the machine should stop filling when the drum is approx a little less than one quarter full. First of all is this happening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back