Hoover Wahing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this Hoover Washing machine model 550 MA. The problem, it does not spin, as soon as it started to spin, it turns off. I open the lid and close again, it started to spin ans then stopped. It does this everytime I open and close the lid.

The motor seems to be working, is this some kind of sensor problems?

Appreciate any help

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the door sensor to me but wait for confirmation from someone who knows what he's talking about.

semi-acoustic said:
Sounds like the door sensor to me but wait for confirmation from someone who knows what he's talking about.

thanks for the help...You are definitely right!! I checked the door switch and there is a security piece of metal hanging down from the door switch. When the machine is in an unbalanced location, it won't spin smoothly but tend to swing from side to side. As is swing from side to side it will hit this piece of metal which is hanging down from the door switch and it cause the door switch to be open circuit and therefore the machine stops.

I rebalanced the machine and it is working...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back