leaking overflow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a bath fitted before and he said i needed all my lead piping changing, which he changed. now i have noticed a leak from my overflow pipe. i know i need to sort my ballcock out in the loft too , but how easy is it to change the overflow pipe? it needs changing as i can clearly see that it looks like it has been hit with a hammer and chisel and is dripping underneath. i have tried putting some of that duck tape round it, but it just keeps coming through. do i have to actually change the pipe or can it be mended?

Sponsored Links
If you repair your ballcock then the overflow pipe shouldn't be a problem should it, i.e. it won't overflow. Or are you talking about the overflow pipe from the bath itself ?

Easy job and the pipe is cheap....the old lead overflow will have too small a bore

i know it wont be a problem short term hugh, but what if the ballcock failed? thats what the overflow pipe is for isnt it?
Nige, could i cut the original pipe and fit a new one to it or do i have to replace the whole pipe? i am not too clever at plumbing but am ok if i have guidance on a little of what to do and have the right equipment.

Sponsored Links
Lead pipe might indicate a galvanised cistern... should be just about rusted through by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back