3/8" toilet inlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!

Does anyone know if there is in existence a 15mm to 3/8" tap fitting?

They seem to exist in the flexi hose variety but not as a straight connector.

I did have the connection made up with a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter but because of this the seal had to be along the rubbish plastic thread and the only way i could get it to stop leaking was to do it up ridiculuosly tight. This was fine for a year or so but yesterday the plastic thread split, flooding my bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that you have an unusual float valve inlet pipe size?

If so, then why not just replace it with something that will accept a straightforward 1/2" tap connector?

Dam French loos :LOL: the fitting should have come with the suite, try B&Q.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that a 1/2" float or torbek valve doesn't fit through the hole in the cistern so you are stuck with 3/8th or you have to buy a new cistern also.

Overtightening was not very bright, if you are overtightening you are using the wrong technique.

Just use sufficient ptfe for the 1/2" by 3/8th" bush, have your tap conector made up first, wind up the bush onto ever thickening ptfe so it seals, then do up the top nut of your isolation valve.

Next time buy 1/2" stuff.

Other day I spent all morning chasing around Scarborough for a drop valve that would fit a particularly small cistern hole for a landlord. How can I charge a mornings labour plus the £30 I ended up paying at B and Q? I ask you, these imports are giving us all grief.

Boycot them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back